Monday 18 May 2009

Something I should tell you...

My obsession for all things pretty, and all things intriguing is extremely personal. There may be things that are not to people's tastes. That's what I love about collecting / drooling over things...
I love looking at other people's collections of *stuff* too.

On Saturday I ventured to the Manchester Gallery, on Moseley Street. Details here. I love it. I've always have, I always will.
My favourite room is the Gallery of Craft and Design. There are some truly beautiful collections.
The 3 highlights for me were:

* The display of colour... a selection of glassware, all arranged by colour - it was just so incredibly beautiful and really pleased my eye! (Although it's really made me want to organise everything in my house by colour!)
* The gorgeous man's coat from the 17th or 18th century (I can't remember which). It was stunning, and is now the wallpaper for my phone!! So intricately embroidered. It makes me wish I was born in a different century (although I'd never have been able to afford anything like that - I would be a poor servant girl!)
* The collection of teapots - from my first post, you may have guessed that I like tea! Nothing better than looking at a fabulous collection of teapots!

In a seperate bit of the museum there is also a display of buttons - and now I want a box full of buttons! So, to curb my spending, I thought I'd show you 3 of my favourite buttons that I've seen on internet in my searches today. (Click the images for the websites).




4 comments:

  1. I love Moseley Street Art Gallery. I can, and often do, spend hours in there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We shall go together, and then drink tea and eat cheesecake.
    What a perfect day we shall have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the stripy buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two make me want to move to Manchester so we can spend glorious afternoons together looking at pretty things and eating cake.

    ReplyDelete