Tuesday 26 May 2009

What a lovely weekend...

For doing the gardening!

After I'd been out on Friday at a wonderful friend's Hen Do, come home on Saturday and slept to recover... Sunday was a glorious day. Perfect for clearing all the spring germs out of the house, all the windows open, washing on the line - glorious!

Also gave me the opportunity to do some much needed work with my other half in the garden. A few hours after we started we had a beautifully mown lawn, with nice trimmed edges nonetheless! I also planted up some of my seedlings - courgettes, aubergines, peppers, green beans, tomatoes and a few other bits. Everything is looking much revived in bigger pots and plenty of sunshine. It's made me feel all summery and happy seeing everything starting to grow in the garden.

So... on this note I have been looking at lovely things for my garden - here's a selection of some of the bits and bobs I've been looking at.

An Eglu Cube - however much everyone tells me I'm mad (especially my parents), I would dearly love to have my own chickens. They're such lovely creatures, and you really can't beat a fresh egg for breakfast in the morning.










Now the weather's picking up and we can sit in the garden for longer at night without catching a chill - we need some lovely light. I've been looking at lanterns but a lot of them seem to hang from trees. Alas, we have no trees in our back garden, but I did find this beauty: A Frank Lloyd Wright design - stunningly modern - I love it!
















I'm also loving Wind Spinners at the moment. They're so pretty and hypnotic - I've seen them in a lot of garden centres over the past 12 months and the number of times I've been tempted is untrue! This simple but beautiful one is from Amazon:

No comments:

Post a Comment